Roasted Vegetables Recipe
Great recipe to make for dinners and use leftovers for lunch instead of salad with a soup. (no ½ sandwich as you are using your starch in the potatoes) Makes 8 servings
1/2 lb (2 1/2 cups) Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
1/2 lb (2 ½ cups) cauliflower
1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced into 1/2″ thick rounds
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
1/2 lb (2 1/2 cups) baby potatoes, halved
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoons sea salt (or to taste)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
1 teaspoons Italian or Greek seasoning
1 teaspoons garlic powder (or 3-4 cloves fresh garlic, minced)
Broccoli, Cauliflower, Rutabaga, Butternut Squash can be be swapped in or added in addition to the other vegetables. If serving other family or guests, you could add ¼ cup Panko crumbs and ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese to their portion. Best to skip this version until you are at your goal weight.
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Lightly grease or line a large rimmed baking sheet (13×18 or a 10×15) with parchment paper, set aside
- Combine all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Toss to coat well.
- Spread the vegetables evenly in a single layer over prepared baking sheet, arranging the Brussels sprouts cut-side down. (do not overcrowd – use two baking sheets as needed)
- Roast in preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes (stirring half-way through) or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned. If you like them slightly charred, you can leave them in longer.
- Remove from oven and transfer to serving dish.