Hearty Protein Breakfast Muffins
Here at PrimeWomen, we’re always on the lookout for quick breakfast choices that are low in carbs and high in protein. We created these hearty protein breakfast muffins to help you fuel up for the week.
These breakfast muffins are easy to customize with your choice of one protein, one cheese, and a mix of vegetables to add flavor. Go crazy and experiment with different flavors to create your signature muffin. Here are a few options we recommend.
- Protein: Ham, breakfast sausage, chicken, chorizo, ground beef, turkey sausage
- Cheese: Monterey Jack, swiss, mozzarella, fontina, pepper jack, feta, muenster
- Veggies: Mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, kale, broccoli, artichokes, spinach, tomatoes
Below is our favorite combination of our ready-to-go muffins
Spinach, Bacon, Cheese Egg Muffin
- Cooking Spray
- 6 eggs
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2cup cooked chopped spinach (excess water removed)
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/3cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Diced tomatoes and chopped parsley (optional)I
- Preheat oven to 375degrees.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl–use a whisk to blend the eggs until smooth, takes less than 1 minute.
- Add spinach, bacon, cheese to egg mixture stir to combine.
- Divide mixture into cups.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to eat
- Calories: 129 kcals
- Servings: 6 eggs muffins
- Carbs: 1g
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 10g
Want More Recipes >>> Breakfast Scones
Want Even More PrimeWomen >>> Follow us on PinterestBack to "Blog"